Our Program is dynamic. Its commitments are reviewed regularly to reflect the completion of targets and to include new challenges as they arise. Since 2002, the Vinyl Council of Australia has reported on the performance of the Australian vinyl industry The information and data collected through the program has helped inform industry and stakeholders, influence product design and ensure the Australian PVC industry continues to innovate. The program has resulted in improvements in health and environmental impacts of vinyl products in Australia through reduced emissions, phasing out lead and cadmium additives, improvements in recycling and waste management and adoption of life cycle thinking in development of new products. Stakeholder feedback, signatory reporting and expert scientific and technical research help to maintain the Program's relevance and effectiveness.
- In 2017, we had a record number of Signatories (17) achieving Excellence in PVC Stewardship Status, compared to 9 in 2016.
- Two new Signatories achieved 100% compliance in their first year of reporting.
- 100% of reporting Signatories had at least 50 compliance.
- Full compliance was achieved, by relevant Signatories, in relation to three commitment areas:
- Adoption of Life Cycle Thinking in the development of new products
- Adherence to the policy on use of Legacy Additives
- Adherence to the policy on the use of Plasticisers.
- Other 2017 program highlights include:
Read our PVC Stewardship annual progress reports.