Learn about actions undertaken by VCA members' and Product Stewardship Program Signatories in advancing the sustainability of the PVC supply chain in
- Welvic working to enhance the sustainability of PVC production in Australia (2016).
Management and employees have worked closely to create Welvic’s vision for a sustainable future.
- Chemson Pacific, the first in the global Chemson group to go lead free, share their experience with the group (2015)
Now they have flame retardants in their sights.
- PVC Industry's Product Stewardship Program Signatories phase out lead additives (2014)
The elimination of heavy metal additives such as lead has been a flagship commitment of the Program since its creation in 2002. Learn about our members' progress in phasing heavy metals out of the supply chain.
- A little history of product innovation in the pipe industry (2014)
Biaxially oriented PVC, or PVC-O, pipe is a product that that is quickly gaining momentum in the pipe industry due to its recognised superior mechanical properties. Learn how an innovative process in the PVC industry led to products requiring less material inputs while showing superior properties.
- Armstrong collaborate with VCA to give PVC flooring a new lease of life (2011)
A Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities case study details Armstrong's efforts in collecting vinyl off-cuts and end-of-life flooring for recycling and processing into a new product.
- PIPA members recycle PVC pipes into new products (2011)
A Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities case study showcases how the Plastic Industry Pipe Association (PIPA) has worked with two of its members to increase the rate of PVC pipe recycling in Australia.